Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Graf László <gr...@datatrans.hu> on 2013/02/07 21:29:11 UTC

Property inheritance does exist?

Hello,

I try to port an existing ANT based build system to Maven.
I set in my root POM (A) the org.codehaus.mojo:properties-maven-plugin
to read all required properties from an existing property file.
That works fine. But when I create a new Maven module (B) where I set
its parent to be A, it complains that does not find the property file.

Of course, this property file was specified relative to the A project.

More than that, the org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin
says that the

Re: Property inheritance does exist?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Please take a couple of minutes to read my answer to a very similar
question on stack overflow

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14725197/reading-properties-file-from-pom-file-in-maven/14727072#14727072

It should hopefully make things a little clearer

-Stephen