Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Steve Viens <st...@viens.net> on 2003/09/09 09:08:09 UTC

[juddi-Developers] Re: JUDDI: A UDDI Registry implementation

Vijay,

I knew that Novell released thier UDDI implementation into open-source
but I haven't had the opportunity to dig into it very deeply. It would
be great to add support for persisting in LDAP to jUDDI.

There are two jUDDI interfaces in particular to focus on:

  org.juddi.datastore.DataStore (persistence)
  org.juddi.auth.Authenticator (authentication)

Please have a look at the code base and don't hesitate to ask any
questions about the code/architecture. As is typical in many open-
source projects documentation is lacking (i.e. constantly in progress)
but the architecture is not very complex.

We're planning to make a new release within the next week (probably
0.8.2) and then begin the move into the incubator.

Steve
steve@viens.net

> Vijay,
>
> Thanks for your info. The simplest approach that i can think of
right now would be to plug-in your
> code as a LDAP backend to the JUDDI project. This would involve
making a sub-set of your code
> available as separate jars that can be dropped into JUDDI to store
UDDI info in LDAP directories.
> This is ok in terms of licensing as well as Apache projects can use
BSD License jars. Would you be
> willing to help us do this?
>
> Moving forward we can think about sharing code and components
between the projects or even a final

dev@incubator.apache.org&msgId=921814

> > for details.
> >
> > -- dims
> >
> > --- Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Please contact Steve Viens (). We are NOT starting from the
Novell
> > code. we are starting from
> > > JUDDI (http://sourceforge.net/projects/juddi/). Please go
through the
> > web site
> > > http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ProposalForJUDDI for
> > more info and contact.
> > >
> > > -- dims

> > Apache.

> > LDAP

Apache

> > proposal
We

> > (http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?
ApacheJ2EE/WebServices)

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Vijay,
One more question...Do you have a java client-side code (similar to UDDI4J?) we need a JAXR
implementation (http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxr/).

Thanks,
dims

=====

[juddi-Developers] Re: JUDDI: A UDDI Registry implementation

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Vijay,

=====