Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Halil Ibrahim Simsek <ha...@simsek.email> on 2015/07/14 09:20:32 UTC

Phoenix vs Hive

Hi,

I have two questions,

- When I run the same COUNT query on hive and phoenix they give me different results. While hive gives 40K phoenix gives 800K. What could cause this big difference?
- Is there a way to do major compaction via phoenix?

Thanks.

RE: Phoenix vs Hive

Posted by "Riesland, Zack" <Za...@sensus.com>.
If the counts are, indeed, different, then the next question is: how are you getting data from hive to phoenix?

You can do major compaction via Hbase shell.
Whats the exact query you are running? How you mapped hbase table to hive? You can also run Row_Counter job(http://thinkonhadoop.blogspot.com/2013/11/hbase-table-row-count.html) of hbase to count number of rows. This would help figure out whether Phoenix is wrong or hive.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Phoenix vs Hive