Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dan J Fraser <df...@capybara.org> on 2001/06/11 19:34:53 UTC

[C2] trying to connect to X11?

Hope this isn't a FAQ... It's not mentioned on the cocoon website.

When I try to start C2 for the first time, I get this:

ERROR   4684    [cocoon  ] (Thread-35): Error compiling sitemap
java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as
the
value of the DISPLAY variable.
        at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
	at
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:5
8)
	server# locate jserv.properties

Why is it trying to connect to an X server?  How can I tell it not to?

--
Dan J. Fraser <df...@capybara.org>
PGP: 0xF3972A01 (17 B7 24 90 27 05 B8 92  4F 7F 61 18 B9 D1 17 CE)

Re: [C2] trying to connect to X11?

Posted by Eirik Dentz <ei...@brainlink.com>.
Just to add my 2 ยข to Berin's explanation:
Xvfb worked for me:  http://www.google.com/keyword/keyword/Xvfb

If you search the cocoon-users mailing list archive, I think there are some
other alternatives.

I probably have much less experience than Berin in these matters, but for
what it's worth, I found that I was able to get the .SVG examples working on
a headless Linux server by running Xvfb and setting the DISPLAY variable to
:0

Good luck.

eirik

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.