Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2009/12/14 03:43:23 UTC

Re: Inner Class Entities

Hi Tim,

Just following up.

I never understood why *static* inner classes could not be Entities.
I'm just guessing that some vendors didn't like them for some reason.

But non-static inner classes would be more like dependent classes
whose existence depended upon the existence of the "owning" outer
class. And there are some issues with metadata here.

Craig

On Nov 12, 2009, at 8:46 AM, Tim McConnell wrote:

> Hi, I'm wondering if there is any documentation, specifications, and/
> or known rules that govern the usage of Inner Classes as Entities ??
> I haven't been able to find any although I do see  a couple of
> examples of the @Entity being used on inner classes in some of the
> OpenJPA testcases. Unfortunately, those examples are not quite
> enough for me to fully understand the restrictions or implications.
> Thanks for any additional information...
> Tim McConnell

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!