Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Michael Velbaum <mi...@checkpoint.com> on 2015/06/02 17:08:16 UTC

OpenStack - get security groups from ServerApi's listInDetail() method

Hi,

When I make a request to my nova v2 endpoint (using a custom REST client) for a list of details for all servers using the REST APIs, I get among other things the list of security groups that each server is in, but it seems that jclouds' nova ServerAPI's listInDetail() method returns Server objects which do not have any way of getting their security groups.

I found another API called SeverWithSecurityGroupsApi, but it is simply an interface which allows you get the security groups of a particular server.
The Javadoc (https://jclouds.apache.org/reference/javadoc/1.9.x/org/jclouds/openstack/nova/v2_0/extensions/ServerWithSecurityGroupsApi.html) says: "NOTE: the equivalent to listServersInDetail() isn't available at the other end, so not extending ServerApi at this time."  which seems like it's no longer true.

I'm using OpenStack Kilo with jclouds 1.9.
Not having this feature is a real deal-breaker for me.
Is this feature available in a developer snapshot? If not, how difficult would it be to add this functionality (either by myself, or someone else)?

Thanks.