Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by roySolr <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/29 13:33:28 UTC

Realtime updates solrcloud

Hello Guys,

I want to use the realtime updates mechanism of solrcloud. My setup is as
follow:

3 solr engines,
3 zookeeper instances(ensemble)

The setup works great, recovery, leader election etc.

The problem is the realtime updates, it's slow after the servers gets some
traffic.

I try to explain it:
I test the realtime update with the following command:

*curl http://SOLRURL:SOLRPORT/solr/update -H "Content-Type: text/xml"
name="website">http://www.google.nl</add></doc>'*

I see this in logs of solr server:

*Mar 29, 2013 12:38:51 PM
org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor finish
INFO: [collection1] webapp=/solr path=/update params={} {add=[3504811
(1430841858290876416)]} 0 35 *

The other solr servers get the following lines in the log:

*INFO: [collection1] webapp=/solr path=/update
params={distrib.from=http://SOLRIP:SOLRPORT/solr/collection1/&update.distrib=FROMLEADER&wt=javabin&version=2}
{add=[3504811 (1430844456234385408)]} 0 14*

This looks good, the doc is added and the leader send this doc to the other
solr servers.

First times it takes 1 sec to make the update visible:)

When i send some traffic to the server(200q/s), the update takes +- 30 sec
to make it visible.
I stopped the traffic it's still takes 30 sec's to make the update visible.
How is it possible? The solrconfig parts:

*<autoCommit>
     <maxTime>600000</maxTime>
     <openSearcher>false</openSearcher>
</autoCommit>

<autoSoftCommit>
    <maxTime>2000</maxTime>
</autoSoftCommit>*

Did i miss something?

Best Regards,
Roy

Re: Realtime updates solrcloud

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Does the 30 second interval persist for a long time after you stop
your queries? It's possible that your requests are queueing up and you
have a bunch of search in the queue in front of the update....

Best
Erick