Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2008/07/08 19:37:51 UTC

Re: Finding cache.ccf

CCing to Apache Torque Users List <to...@db.apache.org>

Graham Leggett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to configure JCS embedded within Apache Torque, which in
> theory is as simple as creating cache.ccf and placing it in the classpath.
>
> In practice, JCS.getInstance(region) returns null every time, and I have
> spent the last few hours stabbing in the dark as to why.

First, see
http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.3/runtime/reference/managers-cache.html
for a description on how to use the cache with Torque.

You really should have "torque.useManagers = true" in your Torque
generator configuration and "torque.manager.useCache = true" in
Torque.properties.

> - Is there a way that I can receive confirmation that JCS found a
> cache.ccf file, and if so, where it found the file?

You could configure a DEBUG logger for org.apache.jcs.

> - In the /WEB-INF/classes directory of the webapp that wraps the code
This is where I put mine.

> jcs.region.com_domain_Signature=
> jcs.region.com_domain_Signature.cacheattributes=org.apache.stratum.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
>
> jcs.region.com_domain_Signature.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1200
> jcs.region.com_domain_Signature.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.stratum.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

This looks strange to me. Are you sure that the
org.apache.stratum-package is correct? I'd try org.apache.jcs first.

Bye, Thomas.