Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jonathan Herriott <he...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/26 20:34:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Using Apache for UI Automation

Hi,

I'm trying to set up apache on Windows to allow me to run UI
automation tools on that box via a web front-end.  For some reason,
when call my program which automates the UI, it fails due to not being
able to access any of the UI elements.

I can't find any documentation on how to set apache up to allow this,
so does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Jon

Re: [users@httpd] Using Apache for UI Automation

Posted by Jonathan Herriott <he...@gmail.com>.
It seems as though the issue might not be what I thought.  It looks as
though if I fork a process that does the GUI automation, nothing will
be brought up to the screen.  As a side note, I have cygwin installed
on my machine, so I can use bash scripts (most of the scripts were
migrated from a linux box).  Here's a simple php file that shows my
issue:

<?php echo date("h:i:s a", time()); ?>
</b> on the computer running PHP.</p>
This test does not work...For some reason forking doesn't work!
<?php
     exec("bash -c \"notepad.exe & \"");
?>

if I were to change the exec to:

exec("start notepad.exe");

it works.  Which I find extremely strange.  Is there anyone who might
know why cygwin forking does not work with apache?