Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Pesochinskiy, Vadim (MSCIBARRA)" <Va...@mscibarra.com> on 2006/07/27 00:28:08 UTC

Deleting unused objects

Hi!

I am using the lingo MultiplexingRequestor which, creates the temporary
queue. If I terminate application properly both the temporary queues and
associated Producers and Consumers are removed. However, in production
environment on the long run amq server can be terminated abruptly in
which case I will have a few objects of this type showing in JConsole
under Topic. This topics will not go away until I restart amq with
deleteAllMessagesOnStartup="true". Unfortunately, I cannot do that in
production, because I cannot remove messages during maintenance restart.
Is there any other way to clear objects that are not used, like empty
queues, topics, etc., while keeping messages and queues that contain
them?

I see a lot of these kind of topics:

ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Queue.<ID of the temporary queue>

Re: Deleting unused objects

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 7/27/06, Vadim Pesochinsky <Va...@mscibarra.com> wrote:

> I am using 4.0.1. Actually it looks it sometimes even closing consumers and
> producers for the temporary queues does not  remove them.

Are you sure its just the advisory topics that remain? FWIW we no
longer use an advisory topic per temporary destination.

--

James
-------

Re: Deleting unused objects

Posted by Vadim Pesochinsky <Va...@mscibarra.com>.
I am using 4.0.1. Actually it looks it sometimes even closing consumers and
producers for the temporary queues does not  remove them. However, restart
even with deleteAllMessagesOnStartup="false" seems to clear them.

Advisory queues are a nice feature I did not know about.

Thanks.

Re: Deleting unused objects

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Which version of ActiveMQ are you using? AFAIK in recent versions the
Advisory Messages feature using a single topic for all temporary
queues...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/advisory-message.html

--

James