Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/03 16:18:13 UTC

byte offset -> sequential

When you guys refactored the offset to be human friendly i.e. numerical
versus the byte offset, what was involved in that refactor?  Is there a
wiki page for that?

I'm guessing there was a index file that was created for this, or is this
currently managed in zookeeper?

This wiki is related to the consumer offset, which is not what I'm looking
for: (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Offset+Management

Re: byte offset -> sequential

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
You can take a look at