Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by JTM <jm...@llbean.com> on 2015/03/24 15:37:24 UTC

pre-sort ( distinct ) URL list ?

I have a CSV input file with about 150,000 URLs.  However, the base path of
these URLs - when discarding what are largely useless parms that don't
change the resulting content - sorts down to about 1,000  distinct URL
paths.

Q) Is there a preprocessing approach I could use in jMeter to easily
accomplish extracting just the unique URLs to test with, or, would I be
better off pre-processing the raw CSV first to boil down the large list to a
smaller set with distinct URLs, and using that as input to jMeter?

thanks

Re: pre-sort ( distinct ) URL list ?

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
>or, would I be better off pre-processing the raw CSV first to boil down
the large list to a
smaller set with distinct URLs,

In general this is a better option.
If for whatever reason you need to do it at runtime - then usually you
would use a setup thread group within JMeter (or as part of the process
that kicks off Jmeter)