Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kun xiong <xi...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/15 04:11:33 UTC

How to involve JMX by configuration

Hi,

I am wondering how to start JMX monitor without code change.

Currently, I have to insert code "LocateRegistry.createRegistry(9999);" into
SolrCore.java.

And I specify <jmx
serviceUrl="service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:9999/solr/${
solr.core.name}"/> at solrconfig.xml.

Can I make it by only configuration change?

Thanks

Kun

Re: How to involve JMX by configuration

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 7:41 AM, kun xiong <xi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering how to start JMX monitor without code change.
>
> Currently, I have to insert code "LocateRegistry.createRegistry(9999);" into
> SolrCore.java.
>
> And I specify <jmx
> serviceUrl="service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:9999/solr/${
> solr.core.name}"/> at solrconfig.xml.
>
> Can I make it by only configuration change?

Please take a look at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrJmx
While this mainly covers JMX configuration for the built-in
Jetty server, you can use the described JMX parameters
for other containers, like Tomcat.

Regards,
Gora