Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jr...@dpt-ltd.co.uk on 2002/03/06 10:29:47 UTC

WebDAV (NEWBIE Question!)

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question but I can't find
anyone else to help! :(

I've recently downloaded and installed Tomcat version 4.0.1 onto my
Linux webserver running Apache.  The setup was successful and I can
view the Tomcat page at

http://www.dpt-ltd.co.uk:8888/index.html

I noticed that the page contained information on WebDAV, which
interested me greatly as being able to remotely author my website
would make my life a whole
lot easier.  However I can't get it to work!  I've modified the
web.xml file under /var/tomcat4/webapps/webdav/WEB-INF as per the
instructions to allow read/write access and then restarted Tomcat.  I
then go to File -> Open in IE6 and try to open

http://www.dpt-ltd.co.uk:8888/webdav

as a Web Folder, but get the following error message...

Internet Explorer could not open http://www.dpt-ltd.co.uk:8888/webdav
as a Web Folder.  Would you like to see its default view instead?

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?  It all seems fairly
straightforward but I simply can't get it to work. :(

The log files don't appear to contain any interesting information.

Please reply to me off-list if possible.  Thanks in advance,

James

Re: WebDAV (NEWBIE Question!)

Posted by Toru Watanabe <t-...@du.jp.nec.com>.
Hi!

regarding WebDAV, you should see jakarta-slide project
first.
there are worth of FAQs about using WebDAV with tomcat.

regards,
Watanabe