Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Hoda, Nadeem [USA]" <ho...@bah.com> on 2007/11/20 08:46:11 UTC

Axis2 and oc4j deployment

Folks,

We are deploying our Axis2 services on oc4j 1012 (simplest service
possible, based on /samples/quickstart [code first]).

Locally (even if we access from a different machine), the services work
pefectly, but the "dev" environment deployment is failing with the
following error (via Axis2 client):

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transport error: 503 Error: Service
Unavailable
 at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.handleResponse(HTTPSender.jav
a:298)
 at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:1
92)
 at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.send(HTTPSender.java:77)
 at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageW
ithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:327)
 at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(Common
sHTTPTransportSender.java:206)
 at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:396)
 at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOper
ation.java:374)
 at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInA
xisOperation.java:211)
 at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163
)

The WSDL is easily assessible through the browser, so the port, etc, are
correct. I have tried multiple web service clients, and they all fail.

Can anyone provide guidance?

Thanks,

Nadeem

RE: Axis2 and oc4j deployment

Posted by "Hoda, Nadeem [USA]" <ho...@bah.com>.
The error comes right away, and there is no username/password needed.

There were some earlier postings about changing to HTTP/1.0 from 1.1 to
fix this problem (something to do with chunking), but that did not fix
the problem in this case.

Maybe it's blocked from a firewall or something? Does the error come out
right away or does it wait first? Also, if the web application requires
some security then you might need to provide your credentials first
(e.g. principal & password). You can view the wsdl before logging in the
application?

--
Dimitris Mouchritsas
Computer Services

Re: Axis2 and oc4j deployment

Posted by Dimitris Mouchritsas <dm...@gmail.com>.

--
Dimitris Mouchritsas
Computer Services

RE: Axis2 and oc4j deployment

Posted by "Hoda, Nadeem [USA]" <ho...@bah.com>.

Martin,

Unfortunately, the (business) client's target environment uses oc4j
10.1.2, not 10.1.3.

I noticed that the axis2 client (and others) were not even getting past
the oc4j apache instance. After I disabled chunked encoding, the traffic
passed through to the axis2 server and the client worked fine. Our local
environments always worked.

This may be related to a configuration issue with apache, so if anybody
knows if there is something i should look at, I can investigate further.
But, of course, you would expect that chucked encoding would be
supported by oc4j enterprise out of the box, especially with a fairly
recent release.

HTTP/1.1, besides the chunked encoding, is working fine.

The earlier posting I was referring to is:

http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-user@ws.apache.org/msg23967.html

Thanks,

Nadeem

________________________________

	Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 07:40:46 -0500
	From: hoda_nadeem@bah.com
	To: axis-user@ws.apache.org

	Upon digging deeper, looks like oc4j's apache instance (10.1.2
enterprise deployment) does not accept "chunked" requests, so the
following addition to the client code:

	   stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().
	       setProperty(, Boolean.FALSE);

	fixed the problem.

	There were earlier posts stating that changing to HTTP/1.0 from
HTTP/1.1 would fix this problem, but that did not work in our case.

	Thanks,

	Nadeem

________________________________

[...]

You keep typing, we keep giving. Download Messenger and join the i'm
Initiative now. Join in!
<http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=CRM_WL_joinnow>

RE: Axis2 and oc4j deployment

Posted by "Hoda, Nadeem [USA]" <ho...@bah.com>.

Upon digging deeper, looks like oc4j's apache instance (10.1.2
enterprise deployment) does not accept "chunked" requests, so the
following addition to the client code:

   stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().

setProperty(org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.CHUNKED,