Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/07 22:13:36 UTC

CB-10201: Why is gradlew not executable? Design reason?

Hey

I'm wondering if we have a design reason for the gradle executable to not
be executable? Does anyone know? If not, I'm probably going to change it if
nobody else gets to it first.

RE: CB-10201: Why is gradlew not executable? Design reason?

Posted by Nikhil Khandelwal <ni...@microsoft.com>.
I don’t think there was a design reason. As Bill mentions in CB-10201 - for some odd reason gradlew from the android SDK directory (the source of the file) does not have the execute permissions. It makes sense for us to set the permissions either after copying or before invoking it. We do this is a number of places in cordova-lib as well.

Let's go ahead and fix this.

Thanks,
Nikhil