Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Matt Juntunen <ma...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/11 15:24:44 UTC

[geometry] 1.1 Roadmap

Hello,

As mentioned in my previous email, I have recently created a PR for
GEOMETRY-142 (PointMap/Set implementations), which is one of the major
features I wanted for the next release of commons-geometry. Other than
that, here is what I'm picturing for inclusion in this next version:
- GEOMETRY-142 - Implement a 3D convex hull algorithm.
- GEOMETRY-144 - Clean up the convex hull API and get that module
ready for release.
- ??? - Perhaps add a method to PointMap/Set (from GEOMETRY-142) to
locate the closest point in the collection to a given point.

Any thoughts on this? Is there anything else that we should plan on for 1.1?

Regards,
Matt Juntunen