Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by bn...@123india.com on 2001/04/24 20:35:43 UTC

Is this valid soap message

HI,
I have not very depth knowledge of XML schema.
Can anybody tell me is following message is valid soap message over http

POST /StockQuote HTTP/1.1
HOST www.stockquoteserver.com
SOAPAction: "Some-URI"

<XXX:Envelope
   xmlns:XXX="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope"
 XXX:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding"

<XXX :Body>
        <m:something xmlns:m="Some-URI">
         </m:something>
</XXX:Body>
</XXX:Envelope>

The question i have in mind is i am using XXX instead of SOAP-ENV, But it refers to same name space as SOAP-ENV.   Will this be an valid soap message. IF this looks stupid , please bear with me. I am just learing.
Thanks
Basa

Re: Is this valid soap message

Posted by Simon Fell <so...@zaks.demon.co.uk>.
yes, namespace prefix's are meaningless, only the associated URI means
anything.

Cheers
Simon