Posted to users@maven.apache.org by fabrice jean <fa...@yahoo.fr> on 2005/06/16 23:55:50 UTC

load a property file before the pom's parsing

Hi,

We have many maven projects and we'd like to store all
the pom's versions in an external property file

so in a pom, it would be :
<currentVersion>${aProj.version}</currentVersion>

aProj.version is a property defined in this common
external property file

If i load this property file in maven.xml, it's too
late (pom already parsed) and i can't use -D ,
project.properties nor build.properties

Is it possible to load this property file before the
pom's parsing ?

Thanks for any help,

Re: load a property file before the pom's parsing

Posted by fabrice jean <fa...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi dan,

We have +10 projects and some of them are allready
using inheritance for ohter purposes, i was wondering
if there was a

maven.properties.load=c:/shared/versions.properties

it would be simple and would avoid inheritance

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.