Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be> on 2002/07/01 23:07:40 UTC

Changes button showing up on all pages, not just indexes

Damn, I'm tired :)

All right.

http://perl.apache.org/release/maillist/docs-dev.html

The Changes button is there. Click it, and the Changes button  is still
there :) I'm not sure what the correct behaviour should be: only show it on
index pages r on all pages except Changes?

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: Changes button showing up on all pages, not just indexes

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 08:52 02.07.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:

>>>good catch, fixed now :)
>>>
>>>The logic I was following is that since we have a single Changes file
>>>for the whole docset, all files in that docset will link to it. But of
>>>course Changes shouldn't link to itself.
>>>
>>>docsets's attributes in templates is such a mess. Need to do a thorough
>>>refactoring on day.
>>
>>refactoring... gotta love that word :) Anyway, yes, I agree. More
>>decision should go to the templates so that the things is more dynamic
>>and the code doesn't need change to add a small thing like that.
>
>which is what happens now. The code just give you data structures, and the
>templates manipulate them.
>
>it's just that the datastructures are not very consistent. The thing that
>bothers me most are the various attributes that stand for dirs and paths.
>this is the biggest mess.
>
>I suppose that once we release the site we can concentrate the efforts on
>providing a clean and consistent data interface from the code to the
>templates. and while doing that cleanup the attributes in the code objects
>as well.
>
>Should probably do that before releasing DocSet (or whatever it will be
>called) on CPAN, so people won't need to redo their templates if we change
>things.

Hmm, yeah, but then again that might take a while... anyway, for now it's
not the top priority.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.