Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Gaetan Deputier <gd...@ividence.com> on 2013/02/22 23:53:34 UTC

Question about object parameters to mappers

Hi Hbase users,

(Using HBase 0.92.1 from Cloudera CDH4.1.1)

I am currently writing a TableMapper which needs an object X defined
outside my TableMapper class.

I was wondering how can I pass this object X to my TableMapper ? I want to
be sure that once the jobs are deployed on our cluster, X will be there
too.

I first thought using the Job Configuration could be the way but I can only
pass String and primitive types.

Any ideas, solutions ?

Sincerely,

G.

Re: Question about object parameters to mappers

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Serialize it to hdfs?  Have your mappers pick it up on startup or have the
map runner pick it up for the mappers?
St.Ack