Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2014/06/18 21:28:50 UTC

1.8.6 release prepare dry run fails

Hi,

I've tried to prepare the 1.8.6 release and ran into an issue.

I've ran "mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true" and one of the tests has failed
throwing the following message:

testCreateJpeg4BYTE_ABGR(org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.graphics.xobject.PDJpegTest):
Invalid argument to native writeImage

testCreateJpegINT_ARGB(org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.graphics.xobject.PDJpegTest):
Invalid argument to native writeImage

I've tried jdk6 and jdk7, both with the same result.

Everything works fine when I run the tests within eclipse.

Does anybody have an idea what's wrong here?

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: 1.8.6 release prepare dry run fails

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
This will be solved with JDK9:
http://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7044758

Tilman

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 18.06.2014 23:39, schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> Am 18.06.2014 22:02, schrieb John Hewson:
>> Are you using OpenJDK? I think it might not support ARGB JPEGs...
> I've tried different jdk and OpenJDK ... I'm going to continue my efforts tomorrow.
The OpenJDK was the problem here. I've "persuaded" my fedora to use another jdk
and everything works now.

Thanks for your input!

>> -- John

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 18.06.2014 22:02, schrieb John Hewson:
> Are you using OpenJDK? I think it might not support ARGB JPEGs...
I've tried different jdk and OpenJDK ... I'm going to continue my efforts tomorrow.

> -- John

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.