Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ni...@polaris.co.in on 2006/02/02 10:02:05 UTC

Help needed !!!

Hi ,

I am trying to create a PDF using the FOP converter ver 0.20.5.By passing
an XML and XSL to it.
Now in my XML there is Image in the frist line followed by four empty line
and then data
which is coming from the database.
In my XSL i am using the following code to put the image
<fo:inline>
<fo:block>
<fo:external-graphic   src="{@src}"/>
</fo:block>
</fo:inline>

Here I am using absolute higth and width of image.
In the output of the PDF I am getting the image pasted as it but the four
empty
lines are coming after the image .
I want my image to overlap on these empty line since there is no data ,
even if the data is there I want my image to be placed on the side of it.

i.e.
currently my O/P is coming as :

Line1 |-----------------------|
      |  IMAGE    |
      |           |
      |           |
      |-----------------------|
Line2
Line3
Line4
Line5

And I want the O/P as

Line1 |-----------------------|
Line2 |  IMAGE    |
Line3 |           |
Line4 |           |
Line5 |-----------------------|

I tried using the float option to allow data on the side of  image but
it gives me ...

[DEBUG] The element 'fo:float' is not yet implemented.
[INFO] [2]
[DEBUG] The element 'fo:float' is not yet implemented.
[INFO] [3]
[DEBUG] The element 'fo:float' is not yet implemented.

Regards,
Nitin Shrivastava
POLARIS SOFTWARE LAB Ltd.
Indiana Business Center
+91-22-56482255

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in

Re: Help needed !!!

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
As you can see from the log output and on our compliance page [1],
fo:float is not available. Work-arounds include putting the image in an
absolutely positioned block-container or in an fo:table (lines in the
left cell, image in the right cell).

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-object-float

On 02.02.2006 10:02:05 nitin.shrivastava wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am trying to create a PDF using the FOP converter ver 0.20.5.By passing
> an XML and XSL to it.
> Now in my XML there is Image in the frist line followed by four empty line
> and then data
> which is coming from the database.
> In my XSL i am using the following code to put the image
> <fo:inline>
> <fo:block>
> <fo:external-graphic   src="{@src}"/>
> </fo:block>
> </fo:inline>
>
> Here I am using absolute higth and width of image.
> In the output of the PDF I am getting the image pasted as it but the four
> empty
> lines are coming after the image .
> I want my image to overlap on these empty line since there is no data ,
> even if the data is there I want my image to be placed on the side of it.
>
> i.e.
> currently my O/P is coming as :
>
> Line1 |-----------------------|
>       |  IMAGE    |
>       |           |
>       |           |
>       |-----------------------|
> Line2
> Line3
> Line4
> Line5
>
> And I want the O/P as
>
> Line1 |-----------------------|
> Line2 |  IMAGE    |
> Line3 |           |
> Line4 |           |
>

> I tried using the float option to allow data on the side of  image but
> it gives me ...
>
> [DEBUG] The element 'fo:float' is not yet implemented.
> [INFO] [2]
> [DEBUG] The element 'fo:float' is not yet implemented.
> [INFO] [3]
> [DEBUG] The element 'fo:float' is not yet implemented.

Jeremias Maerki