Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2013/07/09 23:42:31 UTC

[FlexJS][FalconJX] Generic Expression DataBinding

Hi Folks,

I just checked in the changes required to get generic expression databinding to work.  That means syntax like:

foo="{width + 10}"

It is probably fragile, but the basic plumbing is there.  I don't have any plans to do function databinding or xml databinding at this time.  Most function databinding can probably be re-written as an expression, and I have no clue how to do XML change notification on the JS side and I think most folks will be using JSON over there anyway.

I don't know how we'll do binding in JSON object trees either, but I'm open to ideas.  I think folks will have to use typed, bindable, data classes instead of JSON or XML if they want to bind directly to data object property changes, but the list classes and renderers should still work as long as the collection sends an update event.  We'll see as we add more functionality in that area.

As always, feedback, questions, and contributions welcome.

-Alex

Re: [FlexJS][FalconJX] Generic Expression DataBinding

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
Great work Alex!