Posted to users@daffodil.apache.org by "Costello, Roger L." <co...@mitre.org> on 2019/08/19 12:05:26 UTC

What data formats have negative numbers wrapped in parentheses?

Steve wrote this last week:

You'll sometimes see data formats that have negative numbers wrapped in parenthesis instead of prefixed with a minus sign.

Steve, can you identify the data format (or data formats) that do this, please?

/Roger

Re: What data formats have negative numbers wrapped in parentheses?

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
I've don't know of any data formats specifically, but I believe it's
fairly common in financial/accounting data.