Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2010/01/06 03:05:10 UTC

Re: ChatterBot chat responder framework

Donald Whytock wrote:

> I have a personal project that I would like to make OpenSource and submit to
> the ASF.  It is a small framework for chat responders, designed to be
> multi-user and multi-protocol, called ChatterBot.
>
> The website for the project is:
>
> http://www.imtower.net/chatterbot
>
> with a mailing list at

> Seeking interested contributors, potential mentors, and, perhaps most
> important, peer review.

This is interesting. No time for me to look right now.
However i definitely do want to encourage you.

I see that you have an initial "Proposal" at your site.

Next step would be to refine it and then move it to
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/
then send the text of it to this list with [Proposal]
subject tag.

Did you find the ASF docs about Incubator proposals?
Sorry that it is a mess, but you get the drift.

BTW, might also get some ideas from ASF Infra's own recent
beaut "infrabot".

-David

Re: ChatterBot chat responder framework

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Donald Whytock wrote:
> I did find the docs, yes, thanks.  The docs themselves are fairly clear,
> though perhaps there needs to be a more straightforward "Start Here".
>
> My impression from them, though, was that a community should exist first,
> before the actual proposal hit the list...?  If the other way around
> works, I'll be happy to do it that way.

AFAIK, there does not need to be an existing community.
For example see "PhotArk" history here. Sorry cannot
remember its inital proposal name.

-David

Re: ChatterBot chat responder framework

Posted by Donald Whytock <dw...@gmail.com>.
I did find the docs, yes, thanks.  The docs themselves are fairly clear,
though perhaps there needs to be a more straightforward "Start Here".

My impression from them, though, was that a community should exist first,
before the actual proposal hit the list...?  If the other way around
works, I'll be happy to do it that way.
Don