Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/16 05:20:41 UTC

[ann] HiveMind retirement

A heads up for the HiveMind user community that the HiveMind project
has been 'moved to the Attic'. This means that the HiveMind developers
(more formally its Project Management Committee) have voted to retire
HiveMind and move the responsibility for its oversight over to the
Attic project.

You can read more about the Apache Attic at http://attic.apache.org.

HiveMind is the first project to move into the Attic, so the process
will be identified as we go along. You can follow this at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATTIC-1 if you so wish.

Thanks,

Henri Yandell
on behalf of HiveMind + the Attic.

Re: [ann] HiveMind retirement

Posted by alebu <al...@gmail.com>.
It is very sad that such a great product with so advenced ideas just
gone. Althrought it is good that we at least now know about it. Also,
speaking about Tapestry-ioc, whats about libraries for it? There was
some choise for hivemind but it looks like that we need to start
everything from the ground. Maybe there are people who want to
participate or to share? Because I am trying to use tapestry-ioc too
and it is boring to create all the goodies from the ground.

Re: [ann] HiveMind retirement

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 3:30 PM, James Carman
<jc...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sure! But with a lot more vitamin then just juice ;)
>
> Fortified GuicyMind?

Yep!

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: [ann] HiveMind retirement

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: [ann] HiveMind retirement

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 3:21 PM, James Carman

Re: [ann] HiveMind retirement

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 9:18 AM, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep, Martin stand right. It has all the pleasures HiveMind has without
> the need of any XML

It's like GuicyMind! :)

Re: [ann] HiveMind retirement

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Martin Strand
<do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It doesn't require the web part of tapestry, I'm using tapestry-ioc in a desktop application myself
>
> On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:28:07 +0200, Kevin Gilpin <ke...@praxeon.com> wrote:
>
>> I guess that is a standalone library that doesn't require tapestry?

Yep, Martin stand right. It has all the pleasures HiveMind has without
the need of any XML

Regards
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: [ann] HiveMind retirement

Posted by Martin Strand <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: [ann] HiveMind retirement

Posted by Kevin Gilpin <ke...@praxeon.com>.

--
CTO
Praxeon Inc

Re: [ann] HiveMind retirement

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Re: [ann] HiveMind retirement

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
For the Attic's sake - this thread continued on dev@hivemind and
Tapestry IoC was indicated as the alternative.

We should have a page on HiveMind inside Attic that says this.

Hen

Re: [ann] HiveMind retirement

Posted by kristian marinkovic <kr...@gmail.com>.
i now use Tapestry IOC instead... and i think guice would be
interesting as well but
not as flexible

g,kris

Re: [ann] HiveMind retirement