Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Iyengar, Kumar" <ku...@bmc.com> on 2007/11/21 03:36:21 UTC

Error when deploying in to web-inf directory

Hi all,

Has anyone seen this error? I am deploying all the axis2 jar files into
WEB-INF\lib directory and my axis2.xml and services.xml files are in
WEB-INF directory. After starting Tomcat I get a crash (stack is below).
I checked out DeploymentEngine.java and it calls 'new
DeploymentFileData(null, null);' which causes the crash as the
constructor is not expecting 'file' ( the first parameter for
DeploymentFileData()) to be null. I also tried setting
axis.repository.path and that gives the same error as below.

Does anyone know if there is a fix? If not is there a workaround that I
can use? I am curious how this works for anyone else if they deploy in
the WEB-INF directory

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Filename must not be null

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.<init>(De
ploymentFileData.java:43)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.<init>(De
ploymentFileData.java:48)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.buildServiceGroup(Deploymen
tEngine.java:1015)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator.loadServicesFromWeb
Inf(WarBasedAxisConfigurator.java:309)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator.loadServices(WarBas
edAxisConfigurator.java:270)

            at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfiguration
Context(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:78)

            at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.initConfigContext(AxisServle
t.java:500)

            at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.init(AxisServlet.java:420)

            at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisAdminServlet.init(AxisAdminServlet.j
ava:54)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.jav
a:1105)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:932)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.j
ava:3917)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4201
)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.ja
va:759)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:
608)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java
:535)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:470)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1122)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:31
0)

            at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSu
pport.java:119)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)

            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)

            at
a:39)

            at
Impl.java:25)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:294)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)

Thanks,

--kumar

RE: Error when deploying in to web-inf directory

Posted by "Iyengar, Kumar" <ku...@bmc.com>.
Hi Deepal,

Thanks for the fast reply. I browsed through jira and found that it is
AXIS2-3246 and it is assigned to you. As you mention, it is an issue
with Axis2 1.3 release. Hope you can fix it soon.

Thanks,

--kumar

I think someone else has also noticed this issue and has created a jira.
I think we are having this issue in Axis2 1.3 release and will try to
fix the issue soon.So that you can test with the nightly builds.

Thanks
Deepal

> [...]
pport.java:119)

>             at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)
>
>             at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
>
>             at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)
>
>             at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)
>
>             at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)

>             at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709)
>
>             at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
>
>             at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native

a:39)

>             at

Impl.java:25)

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.