Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by aissa <ai...@informatica.com> on 2014/05/01 15:14:38 UTC

Upgrade from 5.5.1 to 5.9

Hi, I am working with AMQ 5.5.1 and want to upgrade to 5.9 What is the
procedure?

Re: Upgrade from 5.5.1 to 5.9

Posted by Zakeria Hassan <za...@gmail.com>.
Sorry. I miss understood what drain messages meant. Please disregard my
previous comment about the purge() function.

Re: Upgrade from 5.5.1 to 5.9

Re: Upgrade from 5.5.1 to 5.9

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
You should have no problem doing an in-place update with the same config files. Some defaults may have changed, and some settings may have changed, so try it and test well.

Note the old AMQ store was removed in 5.9, IIRC.

-art

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Upgrade from 5.5.1 to 5.9

Posted by aissa <ai...@informatica.com>.

Re: Upgrade from 5.5.1 to 5.9

Posted by Zakeria Hassan <za...@gmail.com>.
I think you might be interested in knowing how to drain messages. I learned
a helpful way to do it via JMX you can call the *purge()* method on the
QueueViewMBean. It should delete all messages in the queue for you. Not
sure if that is available in the version of activemq your using. To get
access to JMX you can use jconsole. Another option could also be to use the
activemq-admin which should let you purge. Here is a helpful link for more
details. Hope it helps:

http://fusesource.com/docs/broker/5.5/admin_guide/activemq-admin_purge.html

Hope it helps

Re: Upgrade from 5.5.1 to 5.9