Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Stanislav Lukyanov <st...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/07 10:24:35 UTC

RE: max size of Ignite cache (not memory size, i mean max amount ofrecords)

Hi Jeff,

I believe its Long.MAX_VALUE, so I wouldn’t worry about reaching that cap in one’s lifetime :)

Thanks,
Stan

Posted by Jeff Jiao <je...@gmail.com>.
Thank you guys

Re: max size of Ignite cache (not memory size, i mean max amount ofrecords)

Posted by Ivan Rakov <iv...@gmail.com>.
I'd add that size methods of CacheDataStore (abstraction which is
responsible for storing partition data in offheap) actually return int
type. That means that there's a limit of Integer.MAX_VALUE entries per
partition, which is still huge.
FYI: If total cache size is greater than Integer.MAX_VALUE, you can use
IgniteCache#sizeLong method in order to obtain correct size.

Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov