Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by praveen <pk...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/03 15:01:16 UTC

SSL warning

i keep getting this warning during my tests for https requests.

2004/12/02 08:53:05 [GHS Thread Group1-1] WARN  -
jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler: You may have forgotten to
set the ssl.provider property in jmeter.properties java
.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.setupConnection(HTTPSampler.java:141)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:463)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:582)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:569)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:260)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

it does not effect the logic of the test though.

these are the ssl related settings in my jmeter.properties.. the
defaults. i did not touch them.

ssl.provider=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
#ssl.provider=iaik.security.jsse.provider.IAIKJSSEProvider
ssl.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol

any hints as to what i am doing wrong? btw, i am using Version 2.1.20041011

thanks

--
                                     k.p.