Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com> on 2014/06/26 15:05:24 UTC

Oak-run "backup" trouble (heap memory, external blob)

Hi,

I tried to backup a segmentstore using

java -mx2g -jar oak-run-1.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar backup segmentstore s2

I think 2 GB heap are quite a lot, is this expected? The repository is
relatively large (2260 tar files; 566 GB). So anyway, then I tried with 8
GB heap:

java -mx8g -jar oak-run-1.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar backup segmentstore s2
Attempt to read external blob with blobId
[c184d2a3f1dbc709004a45ae6c5df7624c2ae653#32768] without specifying
BlobStore
  at
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentBlob.getReference(SegmentB
lob.java:118)
  at
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentWriter.writeBlob(SegmentWr
iter.java:706)
  at
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentWriter.writeProperty(Segme
ntWriter.java:808)
  at
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentWriter.writeProperty(Segme
ntWriter.java:796)

I think I can't specify a BlobStore on the command line... What should I
do?

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Oak-run "backup" trouble (heap memory, external blob)

Posted by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com>.
Created OAK-1921

Posted by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com>.
Hi,