Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2010/10/12 00:46:46 UTC

Re: How to get line numbers from Solr plugin to show up in stack trace

: Hello, I am writing a clustering component for Solr. It registers, loads and
: works properly. However, whenever there is an exception inside my plugin, I
: cannot get tomcat to show me the line numbers. It always says "Unknown source"
: for my classes. The stack trace in tomcat shows line numbers for everything up
: to org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler class, but after that it
: shows my class names without line numbers. My compiler in ant build file is set
: to include debug info:
: <javacdestdir="${build.classes}"debug="true"debuglevel="lines, vars, and
: source">

I've never seen "debuglevel" in a build.xml ... Solr's build.xml just uses
debug="true" and things seem to work fine.

Googling for "ant debuglevel" suggests that:
  1) you don't want "and" in that attribute
  2) you odn't want any spaces in there either

-Hoss