Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paul Masurel <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/01 10:16:58 UTC

Re: TrieField and FieldCache confusion

Thank you very much for your very fast answer and
all the pointers.

That's what I thought, but then I got confused by the last note
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/StatsComponent

"TrieFields <http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TrieFields> has to use a
precisionStep of -1 to avoid using
UnInvertedField<http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UnInvertedField>.java.
Consider using one field for doing stats, and one for doing range facetting
on. "

I assume it referred to former version of Solr.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Chris Hostetter
<ho...@fucit.org>wrote:

> : Can I expect the FieldCache of Lucene to return the correct values when
> : working
> : with TrieField with the precisionStep higher than 0. If not, what did I
> get
> : wrong?
>
> Yes -- the code for building FieldCaches from Trie fields is smart enough
> to ensure that only the "real" original values are used to populate the
> Cache
>
> (See for example: FieldCache.NUMERIC_UTILS_INT_PARSER and the classes
> linked to from it's javadocs...
>

> https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_4_0/core/org/apache/lucene/search/FieldCache.html#NUMERIC_UTILS_INT_PARSER
>
> https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_4_0/core/org/apache/lucene/util/NumericUtils.html
>
> https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_4_0/core/org/apache/lucene/document/IntField.html
>
> (Solr's Trie fields are backed by the various numeric fields in lucene --
> ie: solr:TrieIntField -> lucene:IntField.  the "Trie*" prefix is used in
> solr because there already had classes named IntField, DoubleField, etc...
> when the Trie based impls where added to lucene)
>

> -Hoss

 Masurel Paul
 e-mail: paul.masurel@gmail.com