Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Sebastian Ho <se...@bii.a-star.edu.sg> on 2004/04/28 03:44:04 UTC

status of LARM project

Hi

I have look at LARM website and I get different results

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?LuceneLARMPages
It says that development has stopped for this project.

LARM hosted on sourceforge.
The last message was dated 2003 in the mailing list. Is it still
supported and active?

LARM hosted on apache.
It says the project is moved to sourceforge.

Any one here who is active in LARM can comment on the status?

Regards

Sebastian Ho

Re: status of LARM project

Posted by Stephane James Vaucher <va...@cirano.qc.ca>.
I suggest you look at:
http://www.manageability.org/blog/stuff/open-source-web-crawlers-java

>From what I know of nutch, it's meant as the basic for a competitor to the
big search engines (i.e. google). For a small web site, it might be
overkill especially if it requires you to build from CVS (unless there are
distributions).

Note:
I've got the book "Programming Spiders, Bots and Aggregators in Java", it
describes spiders using a project called: j-spider
http://sourceforge.net/projects/j-spider/
It could probably be adapted for your needs.

HTH,
sv

Re: status of LARM project

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Kelvin is all correct.
A few years ago there were no quality open source crawlers available.
There are now a number of very good ones.  Archive.org's crawler is
available, there is Larbin, Nutch, etc.
LARM works, it's just not maintained any more.

Otis

Re: status of LARM project

Posted by Kelvin Tan <li...@relevanz.com>.