Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by jescron <je...@yahoo.com> on 2015/04/15 19:52:24 UTC

Need Adobe Flex Builder 3.0 Professional Edition License?

I have Adobe Flex Builder 3.0 Professional Edition and was wondering if this
is now owned by Apache?  I contacted Adobe to try and purchase an additional
license but they no longer support this product. We do not want to go
through an upgrade on our project at this time but have a 2nd developer
which needs to use it.  Since Apache now owns Flex can I use this product on
a second system without a license since Apache Flex is open source?

RE: Need Adobe Flex Builder 3.0 Professional Edition License?

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
I remember there being a discussion about that.  It had to do with how FB was coded or some comprises they had made inside of it.  They were hesitant to donate it without it having work done first.

-Mark

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
I don't think the donation of Flash Builder was ever on the table.  At the
time of the donation Adobe was still focused on flash-based games and Flash
Builder was still paramount to that direction.

-Nick

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.