Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mark Breman <m....@minihouse.com> on 2006/11/02 12:39:19 UTC

RE: Debug logging in MyFaces

Have a look at facestrace:
http://facestrace.sourceforge.net/main/gettingStarted.html

Regards,

-Mark-

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Aneesha Govil [mailto:popcorn09@gmail.com]
Verzonden: dinsdag 31 oktober 2006 10:37
Aan: MyFaces Discussion
Onderwerp: Debug logging in MyFaces

Hi,

I am getting the following exception on dynamically creating some drop down
lists

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value is no String
(class=java.lang.Long, value=5) and component
_idJsp1:parent:0:filterPanel_2:0:filterPanel_5with path: {Component-Path :
[Class: javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot,ViewId: /jsp/filterview.jsp][Class:
javax.faces.component.html.HtmlForm,Id: _idJsp1][Class:
org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlPanelGroup,Id: filterPanel][Class:
org.apache.myfaces.custom.datalist.HtmlDataList ,Id: parent][Class:
org.apache.myfaces.custom.datalist.HtmlDataList,Id: filterPanel_2][Class:
org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlSelectOneMenu,Id: filterPanel_5]}
does not have a Converter

at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.RendererUtils.getConvertedStringVal
ue (RendererUtils.java:536)

It is a long piece of code and I want to trace exactly which select option
is giving this exception. I know it is because of using a long value instead
of string but cannot find where it is happening. Is there any way to turn on
debug logging with MyFaces? How can I trace an error easily?

I have attached source to my jar files but strange enough it doesn't find
all the renderer sources for some reason. I checked out the 1.1.4 tag.

Please help!
Thanks.
Aneesha