Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org> on 2016/05/05 16:49:18 UTC

[VOTE] BookKeeper 4.4.0 Release Candidate 0

This is the first release candidate for Apache BookKeeper, version 4.4.0.

It fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311293&version=12325566

*** Please download, test and vote by May 10th 2016, 10:00 GMT.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

Source and binary files:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/bookkeeper/bookkeeper-4.4.0-candidate-0/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-1010/

The tag to be voted upon:
release-4.4.0 (8bb39b187d1b681cf88651b825933d046545d34d)

BookKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/bookkeeper/KEYS

Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build
and run a bookkeeper service.

Thank you,
Matteo

Re: [VOTE] BookKeeper 4.4.0 Release Candidate 0

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
We typically only share the release notes and let people figure out what matters to them. It is up to the release manager to decide whether there is something important to highlight or not.

I agree that testing the upgrade path is pretty important. If you have tried, feel free to report back with either success or failure (hopefully success).

-Flavio

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

RC Highlights (was: Re: [VOTE] BookKeeper 4.4.0 Release Candidate 0)

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
Please try to avoid discussions on the vote thread. It is fine to raise issues about the RC and such, but raise it in a separate e-mail thread.

-Flavio

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: [VOTE] BookKeeper 4.4.0 Release Candidate 0

Posted by Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org>.
Enrico,

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
+1, I have checked NOTICE and LICENSE. I have run the rat tool to make sure we aren't missing anything with respect to licenses. I have run tests.

The one minor thing is that the NOTICE file says 2015 rather than 2016. We need to update it for the next release, unless there is something else and we need to do another RC.

-Flavio

Posted by Venkateswara Rao Jujjuri <ju...@gmail.com>.
Please do. +1 form me too.

Thanks for the help.

--
Jvrao
---

Re: [VOTE] BookKeeper 4.4.0 Release Candidate 0

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.
Here are the vote results

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me as well