Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com> on 2015/12/14 11:00:24 UTC

Upgrading to 4.7.0

Hi,

As we’re still working on docs/release notes a quick heads-up for those who want to try upgrades to 4.7.0RC1.

The systemvm template does not need to be changed in 4.7.0, the 4.6.0 version is still valid and works fine (the changes are in systemvm.iso). Therefore, all you need to do is stop mgt, upgrade packages, then start it. Although confusing, the benefit is that the upgrade is much easier if the template does not need to be replaced on all systemvms.

As a future improvement, we might want to separate the systemvm build from the main repo, and give it its own version number and depend on that.

Regards,
Remi