Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2011/10/15 22:20:57 UTC

Web Console in OBR

In our default OBR repo, I see this:

     Apache Felix Web Management Console (3.1.2, ...)
     Apache Felix Web Management Console (3.1.2, ...)

Upon further investigation is appears they are different, since they
have different symbolic names. If this is intentional, wouldn't it be
better to give them different bundle names?

-> richard

Re: Web Console in OBR

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 10/18/11 11:28 , Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Even though I think the difference is a technical detail it might be helpful to users if there would be a hint about the difference in the name.
>
> I set it to "${project.name} (Bare)" in Rev. 1185720. Not sure whether this is a good choice, though ;-)

Not sure it is good or not either, but having it be the same is
definitely not good since there is no way to differentiate when
deploying by name:

     g! deploy "Apache Felix Web Management Console"

You just get what you get...

Thanks.

-> richard

Re: Web Console in OBR