Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org> on 2001/03/28 22:22:43 UTC

prelogin property

Jason van Zyl wrote:

> I found the little glitch, I am using the LoginUser action, and it
> uses data.setScreenTemplate(template) but I think the layout has to
> be updated as well in this case. I will look, but if someone
> else knows for sure please let me know.

Ok, we can have a simple property to define the layout for the login
template. Or I can use the template service to determine what the
appropriate layout is for the login template by making the
parseScreenTemplate() public instead of protected.

For a given screen template using parseScreenTemplate() is the
only way to accurately set the layout template.

Or, when data.setScreenTemplate(template) is called we can
also try to set the layout template. This would also require
that the parseScreenTemplate method be made public but it
would keep parseScreenTemplate out of any client code for
the most part. So when the screen template is changed the
same process of searching for sibling templates will be
the same (finding the navigations and layouts). This would
probably make flipping template screens easier as all you
would have to do is change the template screen and the
correct matching layout will be found for you implicitly.

Thoughts?

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: prelogin property

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
John McNally wrote:

> I think that would be very useful.

Ok, if no one else objects, I will make the required
changes.

Re: prelogin property

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 3/28/01 1:49 PM, "John McNally" <jm...@collab.net> wrote:
>
> > I think that would be very useful.
> >
> > john mcnally
>
> I agree.

Done.

Re: prelogin property

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/28/01 1:49 PM, "John McNally" <jm...@collab.net> wrote:

> I think that would be very useful.
>
> john mcnally

I agree.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous

Re: prelogin property

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.

Re: prelogin property

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.

Re: prelogin property

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
There is already a public method
TemplateService.getLayoutTemplateName(templateName)

I do not think parseScreenTemplate should be public, it is a specific
implementation method.  Can you tell me why the above method is not
adequate?

John McNally