Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Peter <pg...@optusnet.com.au> on 2002/04/28 16:38:10 UTC

Apache on windows

I have apache running on a windows 98 system. This is networked to a linux and an NT4 box.
How can I get these other two boxes to use the Apache server on the windows 98 box. and automatically pick up the correct index.htm file?  Do I need to define host files on the linux and NT boxes which reference the local IP address of the win98 box. (This is 191.168.0.2)

Regards

Peter Goggin

---

Re: Apache on windows

Posted by Peter <pg...@optusnet.com.au>.
I am not clear what you mean. I am a beginner at this sort of thing.

I have set apache on a win98 machine such that when connecting to local host
I get the required web page (called index.htm in the directory referred to
by the apache configuration file)

I now want to access this web page from a win NT box. I have the two
machines networked together and they can see and access each others file
systems.

What do I have to do to all the Web browser on the NT box access the web
pages on the 98 box?
Regards

Peter Goggin
> what "correct index.htm" is? do you need proxying? if so, use ProxyPass
> directive from mod_proxy & mod_proxy_http
>
> îÁ 2002.04.28 17:38 Peter ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ:
> > I have apache running on a windows 98 system. This is networked to a
> > linux and an NT4 box.
> > How can I get these other two boxes to use the Apache server on the
> > windows 98 box. and automatically pick up the correct index.htm file?
> > Do I need to define host files on the linux and NT boxes which
> > reference the local IP address of the win98 box. (This is 191.168.0.2)
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Peter Goggin

---

Re: Apache on windows