Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Hakeem Mohammed <ha...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/27 03:51:13 UTC

Fwd: Tweet from Dave Cottlehuber (@dch__)

Hi,

I'm a CouchDB n00b. Just trying to run the samples from the book "7dbs in
7weeks". Below are the commands that I ran and the time taken is indicated
next to each. I created the music DB in futon.

These were run on Windows 8.1 64-bit which has 16 GB memory

Thanks for all your help

curl -i -X POST http://localhost:5984/music/ -H "Content-Type:
application/json" -d '{ "name":"Wings" }' *3 Mins*

curl -i -X PUT http://localhost:5984/music/0e1f54673394cbc27611fb7b2f0019e0-H
"1-2fe1dd1911153eb9df8460747dfe75a0", "name": "Wings", "albums": ["Wild
Life", "Band on the Run", "London Town"]}'* 4 Mins*

curl -i -X DELETE
http://localhost:5984/music/0e1f54673394cbc27611fb7b2f0019e0 -H
If-Match:2-17e4ce41cd33d6a38f04a8452d5a860b *2 Mins*

*Dave Cottlehuber (@dch__ <https://twitter.com/dch__?refsrc=email>)*
4/26/14, 12:08 PM<https://twitter.com/dch__/status/460087963813425152?refsrc=email>
@hakeemsm <https://twitter.com/hakeemsm> ok that's definitely not normal.
Can you mailto:user@couchdb.apache.org with some more details?

Download the official Twitter app
here<https://twitter.com/download?ref_src=MailTweet-iOS>

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Tweet from Dave Cottlehuber (@dch__)

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.
Can I just check that you installed this after 18 April? There was a
problem with the 1.5.1 R16B02 build, which was fixed on this date so, if
you have an earlier copy, it would be best to uninstall and reinstall from
the latest one. You probably did install after 18th as the old installer
was sufficiently broken that you would not have got this far, but worth
checking.

Nick

Posted by Joan Touzet <jo...@atypical.net>.
Hakeem,

Have you tried using curl from another machine to reach your Win 8.1
machine? I wonder if there isn't a problem with curl and localhost
possibly related to ipv6 on the Win 8.1 box.

If Futon is fast I am more inclined to blame your curl build than
CouchDB at this point.

-Joan

Posted by Hakeem Mohammed <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Which version of CouchDB and Erlang? How was it built?