Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org> on 2011/10/24 12:11:26 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 3

This is the third release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.1.1

Changes since round 2;

* Remove basename() dependency, fixing Windows build.

Git Note:

While there is no current 1.1.1 tag in our git repository, there was such a tag
during round 2, which you may still have locally. It will be created again when
a round is successful, and a 'git pull --tags' will correctly update
your tag. It is
advisable, however, to simply delete this tag locally with 'git tag -d 1.1.1'.
Future releases will not create any interim tags, so this is a
one-time procedure.

We encourage the whole community to download and test these release
artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release
is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release. Please report your
results and vote to this thread.

We are voting on the following release artifacts:

 http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/1.1.1/

Instructions for validating the release tarball can be found here:

 http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/

Instructions for testing the build artefacts can be found here:

 http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure

These artifacts have been built from:
af7a6ae52890c6c158615068f2a48d40c52ec538

apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz
apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.md5
apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.asc
apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.sha

Test ALL the things.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 3

Posted by Klaus Trainer <kl...@posteo.de>.
Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) amd64 with Erlang R14B01, Firefox 8.0,
xulrunner-1.9.2.23 (./configure
--with-js-lib=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.23/lib
--with-js-include=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.23/include
--prefix=/tmp/couchdb/install)

* `diff -r` between release and git object
af7a6ae52890c6c158615068f2a48d40c52ec538: ok
* gpg, md5, sha1 signatures: ok
* `make check`: ok
* Futon tests: ok

+1

Thanks all!

- Klaus

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 03:11, Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org> wrote:

> This is the third release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.1.1
>
> Changes since round 2;
>
> * Remove basename() dependency, fixing Windows build.
>
> Git Note:
>
> While there is no current 1.1.1 tag in our git repository, there was such a
> tag
> during round 2, which you may still have locally. It will be created again
> when
> a round is successful, and a 'git pull --tags' will correctly update
> your tag. It is
> advisable, however, to simply delete this tag locally with 'git tag -d
> 1.1.1'.
> Future releases will not create any interim tags, so this is a
> one-time procedure.

> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release
> is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release. Please report your
> results and vote to this thread.

>  http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/1.1.1/
>
> Instructions for validating the release tarball can be found here:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/
>
> Instructions for testing the build artefacts can be found here:
>
>  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>
> These artifacts have been built from:
> af7a6ae52890c6c158615068f2a48d40c52ec538
>
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.md5
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.asc
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.sha
>
> Test ALL the things.

GNU/Linux 3.0.0
Erlang R14B03 (erts-5.8.4) SMP/HiPE
Firefox 8.0

Signature - OK
MD5 - OK
SHA1 - OK
Diff - OK
`make check` - OK
Futon tests - OK

+1

-Randall

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 3

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Sorry for the delay, I will test and vote tomorrow.

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2011, at 14:49 , Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Benoit, unless we abort round 3, no release note can be added until
>>> the next release.
>>>
>> That's why  wanted to get opinions from others devs. But noone looks
>> interested by this problem.
>>
>> If most are thinking this is a none issue, I would be quite
>> disappointed but that's OK. I would prefer to give all the information
>> to the user anyway and if it requires we go for a quick round 4,  I
>> would prefer to follow that way.
>
> As far as I understand, this is an edge case and I am not worried to not
> have a note in that in the Readme for 1.1.1.
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --

mmm ok, thanks for the feedback.

I'm +0 (and that's the first time among releases) . I will oopen a
ticket about that. I'm not sure this is an edge case or not. I don't
understand why it works or not, and why after 500 loop on restart
etc..

- benoit

- benoit.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 3

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Benoit, unless we abort round 3, no release note can be added until
the next release.

Can I get some more votes from PMC members pls?

B.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.

--
Filipe David Manana,

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 3

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Filipe David Manana,

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 3

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:11, Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org> wrote:
> This is the third release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.1.1

make check okay, Futon tests okay. Gentoo Linux, Erlang 13B4.

Cheers,

Dirkjan

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 3

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On Oct 24, 2011, at 12:11 , Robert Newson wrote:

> This is the third release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.1.1
>
> Changes since round 2;
>
> * Remove basename() dependency, fixing Windows build.
>
> Git Note:
>
> While there is no current 1.1.1 tag in our git repository, there was such a tag
> during round 2, which you may still have locally. It will be created again when
> a round is successful, and a 'git pull --tags' will correctly update
> your tag. It is
> advisable, however, to simply delete this tag locally with 'git tag -d 1.1.1'.
> Future releases will not create any interim tags, so this is a
> one-time procedure.

> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release
> is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release. Please report your
> results and vote to this thread.

> http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/1.1.1/
>
> Instructions for validating the release tarball can be found here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/
>
> Instructions for testing the build artefacts can be found here:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>
> These artifacts have been built from:
> af7a6ae52890c6c158615068f2a48d40c52ec538
>
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.md5
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.asc
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.sha
>
> Test ALL the things.

Tested all the things and they all pass:

  +1

Thanks all for helping getting this release out!

Cheers
Jan

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 3

Posted by Sam Bisbee <sa...@sbisbee.com>.
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org> wrote:
> This is the third release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.1.1
>
> Changes since round 2;
>
> * Remove basename() dependency, fixing Windows build.
>
> Git Note:
>
> While there is no current 1.1.1 tag in our git repository, there was such a tag
> during round 2, which you may still have locally. It will be created again when
> a round is successful, and a 'git pull --tags' will correctly update
> your tag. It is
> advisable, however, to simply delete this tag locally with 'git tag -d 1.1.1'.
> Future releases will not create any interim tags, so this is a
> one-time procedure.

> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release
> is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release. Please report your
> results and vote to this thread.

>  http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/1.1.1/
>
> Instructions for validating the release tarball can be found here:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/
>
> Instructions for testing the build artefacts can be found here:
>
>  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>
> These artifacts have been built from:
> af7a6ae52890c6c158615068f2a48d40c52ec538
>
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.md5
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.asc
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.sha
>
> Test ALL the things.

Greetings,

I'm +1 for the release.

Everything checked out and worked *ahem* without a hiccup on Ubuntu
10.10 against xulrunner-1.9.2.23. (Pro Tip: check your
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/xulrunner.conf after `apt-get upgrade`)

Browser tests worked with Chromium in incognito mode ... for whatever
that's worth.

Cheers,

--
Sam Bisbee

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 3

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 8:16 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> +1
>
> I am happy to report a complete success.
>
> I followed the new Test Procedure to the letter.
>
> I have moved the notes on OpenSSL to the Troubleshooting guide:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Troubleshooting

Thanks for that.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org> wrote:
> This is the third release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.1.1
>
> Changes since round 2;
>
> * Remove basename() dependency, fixing Windows build.
>
> Git Note:
>
> While there is no current 1.1.1 tag in our git repository, there was such a tag
> during round 2, which you may still have locally. It will be created again when
> a round is successful, and a 'git pull --tags' will correctly update
> your tag. It is
> advisable, however, to simply delete this tag locally with 'git tag -d 1.1.1'.
> Future releases will not create any interim tags, so this is a
> one-time procedure.

> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release
> is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release. Please report your
> results and vote to this thread.

>  http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/1.1.1/
>
> Instructions for validating the release tarball can be found here:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/
>
> Instructions for testing the build artefacts can be found here:
>
>  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>
> These artifacts have been built from:
> af7a6ae52890c6c158615068f2a48d40c52ec538
>
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.md5
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.asc
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.sha
>
> Test ALL the things.

Tests pass, signatures OK on osx snow leopard, latest ubuntu and fbsd 0.8.2 . J

S tests continue to fail on OSX lion from time to time with a bus
error (same error that the one reported in previous bug). According
filipe it is due to the openssl deprecated functions replaced by
opencrypt, but it's still not clear for me why it only hangs from time
to time.

Anyway I don't want to block the release with a -1 so I prefer to ask.
Imo we should at least add a note in the README. Also can we formally
confirm the error is due to this change and why it happen from time to
time?

- benoit

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 3

Posted by Robert Dionne <di...@dionne-associates.com>.
+1

OS X 10.7.2
Erlang R14B (erts-5.8.1)