Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Athanasios Viennas <av...@vtopia.gr> on 2017/06/29 11:53:15 UTC

email as member attribute or inetOrgPerson

Hello to the team,

during population of entries in ADS version 2.0.0.v20161101-M12 adding
attributes on a InetOrgPerson entry I am getting a warning popup that I
am adding an invalid attribute type “Warning! According to the schema
attribute email is not allowed!, Do you still want to add a new value?”

then If I ignore the warning and proceed, having set the value i get an
error:

Error while executing LDIF
  - [LDAP: error code 65 - OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION: failed for MessageType
: MODIFY_REQUES
   java.lang.Exception: [LDAP: error code 65 - OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION:
failed for MessageType : MODIFY_REQUEST
Message ID : 37
     Modify Request
         Object : 'uid=admin+cn=System
Administrator,ou=users,o=subsidiarycorp,o=holdingcorp,dc=holdingcorp,dc=com'
             Modification[0]
                 Operation :  add
                 Modification
email:
admin@subsidiarycorp.grorg.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.ModifyRequestImpl@f29a2f0a:
ERR_277 Attribute email not declared in objectClasses of entry
uid=admin+cn=System
Administrator,ou=users,o=subsidiarycorp,o=holdingcorp,dc=holdingcorp,dc=com]
	at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.checkResponse(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:1268)
	at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.access$9(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:1236)
	at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper$4.run(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:716)
	at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.runAndMonitor(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:1163)
	at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.checkConnectionAndRunAndMonitor(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:1099)
	at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.modifyEntry(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:738)
	at
org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.ImportLdifRunnable.importLdifRecord(ImportLdifRunnable.java:515)
	at
org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.ImportLdifRunnable.importLdif(ImportLdifRunnable.java:272)
	at
org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.ExecuteLdifRunnable.executeLdif(ExecuteLdifRunnable.java:157)
	at
org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.ExecuteLdifRunnable.run(ExecuteLdifRunnable.java:123)
	at
org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.UpdateEntryRunnable.run(UpdateEntryRunnable.java:59)
	at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.ui.RunnableContextRunner$1.run(RunnableContextRunner.java:116)
	at
org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

   [LDAP: error code 65 - OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION: failed for MessageType
: MODIFY_REQUEST
Message ID : 37
     Modify Request
         Object : 'uid=admin+cn=System
Administrator,ou=users,o=subsidiarycorp,o=holdingcorp,dc=holdingcorp,dc=com'
             Modification[0]
                 Operation :  add
                 Modification
email:
admin@subsidiarycorp.grorg.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.ModifyRequestImpl@f29a2f0a:
ERR_277 Attribute email not declared in objectClasses of entry
uid=admin+cn=System
Administrator,ou=users,o=subsidiarycorp,o=holdingcorp,dc=holdingcorp,dc=com]

However I checked the inetOrgPerson schema and it does contain the email
attribute. Why is this happening?

Re: email as member attribute or inetOrgPerson

Posted by Athanasios Viennas <av...@vtopia.gr>.
Ok, spelling mistake the typo, should have been mail and not email the
member!

--

Mr. Athanasios G. Viennas
Informatics Engineer