Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/21 21:09:08 UTC

patch submission

A common question among HBase contributors, especially hadoop
contributors/committers, is related to the 'Submit patch' button.
Clicking the button wouldn't trigger build on Jenkins. The setup here is
different from that for hadoop.

My understanding is that clicking the button means the author is confident
that his/her patch is in a reviewable state.
The patches attached to JIRAs before 'Submit patch' button is clicked can be
regarded as preview version.

Cheers

Re: patch submission

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
Yep, that's the way I wrote it up in the book.

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#submitting.patches

Re: patch submission

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.