Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ritesh Trivedi <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/29 21:28:40 UTC

Browser multiple tabs and page expired/class not found issues

Hi,

I have tried opening 2 IE 7 tabs (in the same brower window obviously),
which triggered ajax submit on one of the tabs and got the response back
correctly, URL in the browser tab remained the same. so far so good. Now I
tried to do some other action on the tab2 - I get Wicket Runtime exception,
which changes everytime but basically get component not found

http://localhost:8080/cart?wicket:interface=:4:viewCartContainer:cartForm::IFormSubmitListener::

WicketMessage: component viewCartContainer:cartForm not found on page
com.neobits.web.pages.ViewCartPage[id = 4], listener interface =
[RequestListenerInterface name=IFormSubmitListener, method=public abstract
void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener.onFormSubmitted()]Root
cause:org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: component
viewCartContainer:cartForm not found on page
com.neobits.web.pages.ViewCartPage[id = 4], listener interface =
[RequestListenerInterface name=IFormSubmitListener, method=public abstract
void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener.onFormSubmitted()]
at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.resolveListenerInterfaceTarget(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:416)
at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.resolveRenderedPage(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:461)

Re: Browser multiple tabs and page expired/class not found issues

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
no. only if you mount the pages using HybridUrlCodingStrategy.

-Matej

Posted by Ritesh Trivedi <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ritesh Trivedi <ri...@gmail.com>.
By versioning you mean assigning serial version id? if yes - I have declared
serialVersionUID for all the classes that are serializeable. I do not update
the version # when I change the page - not sure if that is what you mean by
versioning my pages.

This errors occurred for the same session (IE multiple tabs seem to share
the session for some reason). so I would think whatever version # was for
the tab - have to be same for both.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.