Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/30 23:38:31 UTC

[Result] Release Tapestry 3.0.4 / 4.0.1

Going with the notion that releasing early/often is a good thing, and we can
pretty much release things as often as we want I'd say we're doing more harm
than good by not releasing all of the excellent work that Brian's been
putting into these two releases.

I've never seen anything but an overwhelming majority vote before, so wtf do
we do with this? If it's democratic then I think the majority is +1 right?

I know how to build the forrest site, but I'm a little scared to do it :)
Does this mean I'm on my own actually releasing it too?

Binding:
--------------------
Jesse Kuhnert +1
Howard M. Lewis Ship: +0
Harish Krishnaswamy: +1
Kent Tong: +1
Geoff Longman: +0
Paul Ferraro: +1
David Solis: +1
Andreas Andreou +0
Brian K. Wallace: +1

Non Binding:
--------------------
Norbert Sándor +1
Nick Westgate: +1
Leonardo Quijano +0
Filip S. Adamsen: +1
James Carman +1 (kg)

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer

dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind.  http://opennotion.com

Re: [Result] Release Tapestry 3.0.4 / 4.0.1

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Oh, if I do get the balls to do it, it will probably be later on tonight.
Unless Howard sweaps in to save the day.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

Posted by an...@di.uoa.gr.

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
Jesse Kuhnert wrote:
> Going with the notion that releasing early/often is a good thing, and we can
> pretty much release things as often as we want I'd say we're doing more harm
> than good by not releasing all of the excellent work that Brian's been
> putting into these two releases.
>
> I've never seen anything but an overwhelming majority vote before, so wtf do
> we do with this? If it's democratic then I think the majority is +1 right?

Correct.  If there were any binding -1 votes, then the vote would have
failed.
> I know how to build the forrest site, but I'm a little scared to do it :)
> Does this mean I'm on my own actually releasing it too?

It's not that bad, really...

Howard put together very helpful step-by-step release instructions here:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/ReleaseChecklist

It was very helpful when I put together the release for 3.0.3.

If you run into any issues, don't hesitate to ask for help.

Paul

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
So close and yet so far....I'm giving up for tonight.

validate-sitemap:
     [jing] /usr/local/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/relaxng/sitemap-
v06.rng:72:31: error: datatype library "
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes" not recognized

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
That would be hilarious!

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

Goooooooooooood Luck! :-D

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

This is cool...

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
0's are really an abstention. The math symbol on the 0 is an
indication of the author's general mood (that's the way I take it).

So, the vote passed. yay!

Geoff