Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andrea Polci <an...@eng.it> on 2006/05/12 15:47:01 UTC

Complete history of a file

In cvs you can get the complete history of a file, including revisions
on branches others than the one you are working on.

Here is an example:

1.10
1.9
1.8.2.1
*1.8.1.3 <----- this is the revision of wich I asked the history
1.8.1.2
1.8.1.1
1.8
1.7.1.2
1.7.1.1
1.7
1.6
1.5
1.4
1.3
1.2
1.1

There are tools that generate a graphical representation of this tree
structure.

Is there anything similar in subversion?

Thanks,
Andrea Polci

--
Andrea Polci
+39 0734 683733

Re: Complete history of a file

Posted by Andrea Polci <an...@eng.it>.
Martin Eisenhardt ha scritto:
> On Friday May 12 2006 17:47, Andrea Polci wrote:
>
>> In cvs you can get the complete history of a file, including revisions
>> on branches others than the one you are working on.
>>
> Hi Andrea,
>
> I know of a tool at least for Linux/Unix-like systems: kdesvn kann generate
> such trees.

Thanks Martin, i took a look at kdesvn screenshots and it seems nice.
Too bad I have to use a windows system at work.

I don't really need a graphical representation of this.
I just need to see an history of a file that icludes also parallel
branches. Is the default client able to do that? I understood it can't,
am I right?

Andrea

Posted by Martin Eisenhardt <ma...@wiai.uni-bamberg.de>.
On Friday May 12 2006 17:47, Andrea Polci wrote:
> In cvs you can get the complete history of a file, including revisions
> on branches others than the one you are working on.
>
> Here is an example:
>
> [...]
>
> There are tools that generate a graphical representation of this tree
> structure.
>
> Is there anything similar in subversion?

Hi Andrea,

I know of a tool at least for Linux/Unix-like systems: kdesvn kann generate
such trees.

Kind regards
Martin Eisenhardt
--
Dipl. Wirtsch.Inf.(Univ.) Martin Eisenhardt

Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg
Fakultät Wirtschaftinformatik und Angewandte Informatik
Lehrstuhl für Medieninformatik

D-96045 Bamberg

fon: +49 (951) 863-2856
fax: +49 (951) 863-2852