Posted to dev@bval.apache.org by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/06 18:12:04 UTC

JCP TCK Materials

FYI,
Some information about Apache's participation in the JCP -- http://apache.org/jcp/

Here's general information about getting access to TCK materials --  http://apache.org/jcp/#gettingtck

You'd need to fill out the ASF Non-Disclosure Agreement -- http://apache.org/jcp/ApacheNDA.pdf

You can then request access to Sun TCK materials by sending a note to jcp-open@apache.org.

Some projects manage TCK materials within the project (e.g. Geronimo). This isn't a requirement. For technology projects like BeanValidation with relatively small TCKs, a committer can send a note to jcp-open@apache.org (after they've submitted their NDA) and request the TCK materials. Typically, the TCK is placed in your home directory on people.apache.org.

You are expected to keep TCK materials private. Also, some care needs to be taken in publicly discussing the TCK. Which is the point that Donald raised in BVAL-16. I think this restriction only applies to materials obtained under the NDA. IIUC, this is not the case for the TCK tests currently being run.

--kevan

Re: JCP TCK Materials

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Go ahead and check it into trunk/bval-tck/ (drop the runner part of the
name).  Also, I noticed several files are missing the ASL 2.0 header
(*.properties and *.xml) that will have to be added.

There is a file/directory that doesn't look like it's needed (beans.xml
is empty) and should probably not be checked in -
src/test/resources/org/jboss/testharness/impl/packaging/jsr299/default/beans.xml

Once we have the code in, I'll update the pom.xml so we don't deploy any
artifacts for that module.

-Donald

Re: JCP TCK Materials

Posted by Roman Stumm <ro...@gmx.de>.

Re: JCP TCK Materials

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: JCP TCK Materials

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
TCK for BeanValidation is located here:

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/hibernate/beanvalidation/tck/trunk/

and it is licensed under Apache2, see:
http://twitter.com/emmanuelbernard/status/11750039600

Greetings,
Matthias

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello Kevan,
>
> isn't the TCK for this "free" ? I think JBoss does that nowadays for
> their "new" stuff.
>
> For instance, on OpenWebBeans we use this one:
> http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/org/jboss/jsr299/tck/
>
> -Matthias
>
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> FYI,
>> Some information about Apache's participation in the JCP -- http://apache.org/jcp/
>>
>> Here's general information about getting access to TCK materials --  http://apache.org/jcp/#gettingtck
>>
>> You'd need to fill out the ASF Non-Disclosure Agreement -- http://apache.org/jcp/ApacheNDA.pdf
>>
>> You can then request access to Sun TCK materials by sending a note to jcp-open@apache.org.
>>
>> Some projects manage TCK materials within the project (e.g. Geronimo). This isn't a requirement. For technology projects like BeanValidation with relatively small TCKs, a committer can send a note to jcp-open@apache.org (after they've submitted their NDA) and request the TCK materials. Typically, the TCK is placed in your home directory on people.apache.org.
>>
>> You are expected to keep TCK materials private. Also, some care needs to be taken in publicly discussing the TCK. Which is the point that Donald raised in BVAL-16. I think this restriction only applies to materials obtained under the NDA. IIUC, this is not the case for the TCK tests currently being run.
>>
>> --kevan
>

> --
> Matthias Wessendorf

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: JCP TCK Materials

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Maybe this should be raised on jcp-open, since the TCK is available
freely under ASL 2.0, but certification of the JSR-303 spec is
controlled by the JCP and falls under the domain of the NDA....

-Donald

Re: JCP TCK Materials

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hello Kevan,